Thursday, August 20, 2015

A Croc

Working with the tools...
Adobe Illustrator has come a long way... Particularly after Adobe absorbed Flash.



But for every move I could make in Flash or the defunct Expression3 in a few seconds… I have to drag myself thru some kind of heavy gravity atoms - to get the same effect in Illustrator. Powerful - yes. Quick and easy to use - No!
More and more I am finding the first quick and easy actions (of drawing) carry the core and spirit of what I am trying to “say”(illustrate/communicate)… The sluggishness - and multi step process to the achievement of marking - of old application design (like that of Illustrator) still drags me down by forcing me to be TOO deliberate. Not that I really love the potential lack of focus - lack of statement in spur of the moment, improvisational art making - but I do wish the fast power of first efforts was more available in illustration software.

Rough comps thru Photoshop  are the greatest. The heart is in the comp!



More on this later.


No comments: